- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
CDC: Flu Shots – 2012, Flu Virus – 0
The 2012 flu season has come and gone. Didn’t even notice? If you got your flu shot, chances are you’re not alone.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig has the CDC’s stats:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, calling it a “late and mild” flu season. The number of those sick, hospitalized and dying from influenza, all down this year. CDC spokesman Tom Skinner says a typical season peaks with eight weeks in January and February where the illness gets above a national baseline average.
(Skinner) “This year, we only exceeded that baseline for one week.”
…And that was in March. The reason: People heeding the CDC’s advice to get a flu shot.
(Skinner) “The influenza strains that were circulating were those that were included in a vaccine, so we had a really good match this year.”
Flu season starts up again in November.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.l