- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 23 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 24 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Bill Clinton: Mario Cuomo Turned Down Supreme Court Nomination
President Clinton says he wanted to nominate former New York Governor Mario Cuomo (pictured with wife Matilda) to the United States Supreme Court, but was turned down.
“Mario Cuomo gave his life to New York,” Clinton said at the Waldorf-Astoria on Tuesday. “He turned me down, and the Supreme Court, because he couldn’t bear to leave New York and those hallowed marble halls.” Clinton then added that, “When [Mario] nominated me for president, I said, ‘I wish I could give a speech like that.’ ”