- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 2 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 3 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Bill Clinton: Mario Cuomo Turned Down Supreme Court Nomination
President Clinton says he wanted to nominate former New York Governor Mario Cuomo (pictured with wife Matilda) to the United States Supreme Court, but was turned down.
“Mario Cuomo gave his life to New York,” Clinton said at the Waldorf-Astoria on Tuesday. “He turned me down, and the Supreme Court, because he couldn’t bear to leave New York and those hallowed marble halls.” Clinton then added that, “When [Mario] nominated me for president, I said, ‘I wish I could give a speech like that.’ ”