- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Addresses Congress [VIDEO]Posted 3 hours ago
- Hillary Clinton’s State Department Email Habits Under FirePosted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Frankie Ballard, Country Music Singer / SongwriterPosted 5 hours ago
- Tension In D.C. Over Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Speech [VIDEO]Posted 9 hours ago
- Preventing Peanut AllergiesPosted 9 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
Walker Survives WI Recall Election [VIDEO]
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker, a Republican, has survived his recall election, beating back a challenge by Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett. Walker’s victory caps months of bitter acrimony that began when Walker and Republicans in the state legislature rolled back what they considered excesses in the collective bargaining rights of public employee unions. Walker becomes the first governor in American history to stay in office after a recall challenge. Walker’s lieutenant governor, Republican Rebecca Kleefisch, has also survived her recall election.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Walker Headquarters in Waukesha:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
(Kleefisch) “Now this is what democracy looks like.”
Lt. Governor Rebecca Kleefish and Governor Scott walker survive a recall election.
Losing: Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett who thought heavy turnout would help him.
Walker’s hard line approach on public public-sector unions, apparently wasn’t enough to sway voters.
(Walker) “And we tell people all across the globe that voters really do want leaders who stand up and make the tough decisions.”
Challenger Tom Barrett says…
(Barrett) “What we have seen, over the last 16 months, is we have seen this democracy come alive.”
The loss is a blow to Walker’s challengers who spent millions in an effort to oust him.
At Walker Headquarters in Waukesha, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper was at Walker HQ at the Waukesha Expo Center, and has this VIDEO of the crowd:
WATCH Governor Walker address his supporters after his win in Wisconsin:
WATCH Mayor Barrett address his supporters after his loss in Wisconsin: