- Nurse In Maine Defies Ebola Quarantine [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: Presidential Hopefuls Hit The Road in Support Of Midterm CandidatesPosted 19 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Homeowners Association Battles with an Elderly Vet over a FlagpolePosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
President Obama Wants To End Bush Tax Cuts For The Wealthy This Year
Let’s be clear that this is the upper-income cuts.
Obama wants to extend the Bush tax cuts only for middle-class taxpayers, and end them for individuals making more than $200,000 a year and couples making more than $250,000 annually. He says the wealthy should contribute more to reduce the federal debt.
The president and congressional Republicans agreed in 2010 to a two-year extension of all the Bush tax rates, the deal that ends this year.