- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Daily Aspirin: To Take Or Not To Take?
Taking daily aspirin may not be as harmless as doctors once thought, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
For years, the prescription for preventing heart disease has been: take an aspirin every day. Now there’s a warning.
New research in the Journal of the American Medical Association finds that 300 milligrams or less of aspirin multiplies the risk of major stomach or brain bleeding by 55%.
For people with a history of heart attack or stroke, aspirin should remain in the in the medicine chest. Dealing with stomach bleeding may be better than a heart attack, but if you’re not at red flag for heart disease, the risk may outweigh the benefit.
And the best advice: talk to your doctor.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.