- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 11 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 20 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Daily Aspirin: To Take Or Not To Take?
Taking daily aspirin may not be as harmless as doctors once thought, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
For years, the prescription for preventing heart disease has been: take an aspirin every day. Now there’s a warning.
New research in the Journal of the American Medical Association finds that 300 milligrams or less of aspirin multiplies the risk of major stomach or brain bleeding by 55%.
For people with a history of heart attack or stroke, aspirin should remain in the in the medicine chest. Dealing with stomach bleeding may be better than a heart attack, but if you’re not at red flag for heart disease, the risk may outweigh the benefit.
And the best advice: talk to your doctor.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.