- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 21 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 24 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 7 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Daily Aspirin: To Take Or Not To Take?
Taking daily aspirin may not be as harmless as doctors once thought, according to new research.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
For years, the prescription for preventing heart disease has been: take an aspirin every day. Now there’s a warning.
New research in the Journal of the American Medical Association finds that 300 milligrams or less of aspirin multiplies the risk of major stomach or brain bleeding by 55%.
For people with a history of heart attack or stroke, aspirin should remain in the in the medicine chest. Dealing with stomach bleeding may be better than a heart attack, but if you’re not at red flag for heart disease, the risk may outweigh the benefit.
And the best advice: talk to your doctor.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.