- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 18 hours ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 18 hours ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
TSA Fires 5, Suspends Dozens at FL Airport
Heads have rolled at the TSA over improper security screenings at an airport in the southeast, and a Congressman is crying foul over the secretive nature of the actions.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
The TSA confirms to FOX News five officers who worked at the Southwest Florida International Airport were fired after failing to conduct proper screenings, and another 38 – ranging from front-line workers to the Federal Security Director at the airport – suspended for two weeks.
This all happened last year. Congressman John Mica, the Chair of the House Transportation Committee, accusing the TSA of a cover up.
(Rep. Mica) “They’ve known about it for a year, and they tried to keep it quiet. So, we found out and now the cat’s out of the bag.”
In a statement, the agency says, in part, it “holds all of its employees to the highest professional and ethical standards, and has zero tolerance for misconduct in the workplace.”
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.