- Another Security Blunder For Secret ServicePosted 2 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
A solar company that received a loan from the state of Massachusetts when Mitt Romney was governor just went belly-up and cost the taxpayers of his state $1.5 million.
…a solar panel developer “that landed a state loan from Mitt Romney when he was Massachusetts governor” went belly up, the Boston Herald reports, creating an inconvenient storyline for the GOP presidential nominee.
The company, Konarka Technologies, “filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection and will cease operations, lay off its 85 workers and liquidate”
And Konarka isn’t the first Romney-backed solar company to fail. Evergreen Solar is another Romney-backed green company that has a similar history to Solyndra, and cost Massachusetts taxpayers $2.5 million.