- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 6 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 7 hours ago
- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 13 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 13 hours ago
Louisiana Wants To Privatize Education
They’re on their way.
Starting this fall, thousands of poor and middle-class kids will get vouchers covering the full cost of tuition at more than 120 private schools across Louisiana, including small, Bible-based church schools.
The following year, students of any income will be eligible for mini-vouchers that they can use to pay a range of private-sector vendors for classes and apprenticeships not offered in traditional public schools. The money can go to industry trade groups, businesses, online schools and tutors, among others.
Every time a student receives a voucher of either type, his local public school will lose a chunk of state funding.
So they want to take money away from public education that serves everyone and take schools private.