- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 13 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Is Your College Ripping You Off?
Are college students being ripped off by debit cards issued by their colleges? A new report says the answer, too often, is “yes”.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
As many as 900 colleges and universities offer their students debit cards for on-campus transactions, including financial aid payments.
Those cards can carry hefty fees… Fees if you use the cards, fees if you don’t, fees if you use the cards in the wrong ATM.
The watchdog Public Interest Research Group says nine million students go to schools that have deals with debit card companies. Often the companies share the collected fees with the colleges.
Students can opt out of the card systems, but many don’t know it.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.