- President Obama Addresses Airstrikes in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 6 hours ago
- Osama Bin Laden’s Son-in-Law Receives Life In PrisonPosted 6 hours ago
- Math Models Weigh In On Ebola EpidemicPosted 6 hours ago
- The U.S. And Allies Launch Attack Against ISIS in Syria [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- PA Manhunt for Alleged Trooper KillerPosted 10 hours ago
- Another Hostage Video From ISISPosted 10 hours ago
- AFMW: Bluegrass group Nu-Blu and Sam Moore, Legendary Soul ManPosted 12 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Aspirin: Key to Skin Cancer Prevention?
Cancer prevention could be as close as the as your household medicine cabinet.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The new weapon in the battle against skin cancer is a very old weapon: Aspirin.
People who take aspirin lower the risk of squamous cell carcinoma by 15%. The risk of malignant melanoma, the most life-threatening kind of skin cancer, is lower by 13%.
Protection seems to be amplified when people take aspirin for at least seven years, with “high-intensity use”.
Not only Aspirin, other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory painkillers also appear to help according to the journal “Cancer”, but not Tylenol.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.