- AFMW: Alex Honnold, American Rock ClimberPosted 17 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 2 days ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 2 days ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 2 days ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
Survivor’s Story: Fighting Flesh Eating Bacteria
A Georgia man who has been infected with a flesh eating bacteria twice and walked away with just a few scars, is speaking out and hoping to inspire other victims who have this same infection.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
L.M. Dennis says not long after he retired from the Centers for Disease Control in 2006 where he managed the incinerator, he developed a painful cyst. It turned out to be flesh eating bacteria, but he recovered a year later without losing any limbs.
He spoke out after hearing the recent news of others recovering in Georgia and South Carolina.
(Dennis) “It should have been me instead of her. And I had thought that I should have been in her place losing limbs instead of her, because she got her whole life in front of her. And I got more years behind me than I do in front of me.”
He says after two bouts with the bacteria he hopes his near death experience will serve as inspiration.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.