- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 9 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 1 day ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Survivor’s Story: Fighting Flesh Eating Bacteria
A Georgia man who has been infected with a flesh eating bacteria twice and walked away with just a few scars, is speaking out and hoping to inspire other victims who have this same infection.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
L.M. Dennis says not long after he retired from the Centers for Disease Control in 2006 where he managed the incinerator, he developed a painful cyst. It turned out to be flesh eating bacteria, but he recovered a year later without losing any limbs.
He spoke out after hearing the recent news of others recovering in Georgia and South Carolina.
(Dennis) “It should have been me instead of her. And I had thought that I should have been in her place losing limbs instead of her, because she got her whole life in front of her. And I got more years behind me than I do in front of me.”
He says after two bouts with the bacteria he hopes his near death experience will serve as inspiration.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.