- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 5 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 13 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 14 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Fleet Week Begins In NYC [VIDEO]
17 tall ships crossed paths with 10 warships in New York’s Hudson River Wednesday, capped off with a Blue Angels fly over. It’s all part of this year’s Fleet Week and Op Sail 2012.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy has the story from New York City:
This year’s Fleet Week is one of the biggest in decades, with tall ships setting sail for the first time since 2000.
Sailor: “I actually grew up here in Manhattan and actually lived on the Hudson River and so I remember as a child watching these tall ships.”
Lieutenant Jonathan Blyth who saw the tall ships for the first time here in 1976 during the bicentennial celebrations, says he’s honored to see them again, years later; especially after serving with the U.S. Navy. The ships will be available for viewing by the public here this week, dropping anchors in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
Watch this VIDEO for more on Fleet Week: