- Deer Tick DangersPosted 20 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Fleet Week Begins In NYC [VIDEO]
17 tall ships crossed paths with 10 warships in New York’s Hudson River Wednesday, capped off with a Blue Angels fly over. It’s all part of this year’s Fleet Week and Op Sail 2012.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy has the story from New York City:
This year’s Fleet Week is one of the biggest in decades, with tall ships setting sail for the first time since 2000.
Sailor: “I actually grew up here in Manhattan and actually lived on the Hudson River and so I remember as a child watching these tall ships.”
Lieutenant Jonathan Blyth who saw the tall ships for the first time here in 1976 during the bicentennial celebrations, says he’s honored to see them again, years later; especially after serving with the U.S. Navy. The ships will be available for viewing by the public here this week, dropping anchors in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Staten Island.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
Watch this VIDEO for more on Fleet Week: