- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 37 mins ago
- AFMW: Maria Bartiromo, Host of FBN’s “Opening Bell with Maria BartiromoPosted 2 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 hours ago
- Tim McGraw’s Touching Tribute To Glen CampbellPosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Dr. Alveda King, American Civil Rights ActivistPosted 17 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
CDC: Teens Face Serious Risks Over Weight
A disturbing new study about this country’s teens: what they weigh and what it means for their future.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Half this country’s overweight teens and 60% considered obese have high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels or high blood sugar. The number considered diabetic or pre-diabetic up dramatically from 9% in 1999 to 21% in 2008.
(May) “We need future studies to determine what’s happening and if we’ll continue to see this increase.”
Dr. Ashleigh May with the CDC also finding 37% of normal weight kids have one heart disease risk factor.
One optimistic note, the percentage of obese teens hasn’t increased and…
(May) “It’s never too late to make changes.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.