- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 43 mins ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Country Music Newcomer Chase BryantPosted 2 hours ago
- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 18 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
CDC: Teens Face Serious Risks Over Weight
A disturbing new study about this country’s teens: what they weigh and what it means for their future.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Half this country’s overweight teens and 60% considered obese have high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels or high blood sugar. The number considered diabetic or pre-diabetic up dramatically from 9% in 1999 to 21% in 2008.
(May) “We need future studies to determine what’s happening and if we’ll continue to see this increase.”
Dr. Ashleigh May with the CDC also finding 37% of normal weight kids have one heart disease risk factor.
One optimistic note, the percentage of obese teens hasn’t increased and…
(May) “It’s never too late to make changes.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.