- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
CDC: Teens Face Serious Risks Over Weight
A disturbing new study about this country’s teens: what they weigh and what it means for their future.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Half this country’s overweight teens and 60% considered obese have high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels or high blood sugar. The number considered diabetic or pre-diabetic up dramatically from 9% in 1999 to 21% in 2008.
(May) “We need future studies to determine what’s happening and if we’ll continue to see this increase.”
Dr. Ashleigh May with the CDC also finding 37% of normal weight kids have one heart disease risk factor.
One optimistic note, the percentage of obese teens hasn’t increased and…
(May) “It’s never too late to make changes.”
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.