- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 7 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
New Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines
There are new rules on screening for lung cancer. Three medical groups calling for annual screening for certain patients.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
New lung cancer screening guidelines recommend annual CT scans, but only for older, current, or former heavy smokers.
The American College of Chest Physicians, The American Society of Clinical Oncology and The National Comprehensive Cancer Network say the risks of screening younger people outweigh the benefits.
About eight million Americans would be eligible for screening under the new guidelines. An estimated 226,000 Americans will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.