- Bodies of Seven Women Found In IndianaPosted 13 hours ago
- New Ebola Guidelines for HospitalsPosted 17 hours ago
- AFMW: Artist, Author & Speaker Joni Eareckson TadaPosted 17 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: Teen DrivingPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
New Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines
There are new rules on screening for lung cancer. Three medical groups calling for annual screening for certain patients.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
New lung cancer screening guidelines recommend annual CT scans, but only for older, current, or former heavy smokers.
The American College of Chest Physicians, The American Society of Clinical Oncology and The National Comprehensive Cancer Network say the risks of screening younger people outweigh the benefits.
About eight million Americans would be eligible for screening under the new guidelines. An estimated 226,000 Americans will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.