- Dozens Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 55 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 6 hours ago
- Justice Department Leak Probe [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Town Prayer CasePosted 19 hours ago
- Military Sex AbusePosted 22 hours ago
- Suburban Poverty GrowingPosted 22 hours ago
- Record-Breaking Ferris Wheel RidePosted 22 hours ago
New Lung Cancer Screening Guidelines
There are new rules on screening for lung cancer. Three medical groups calling for annual screening for certain patients.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Lacerra reports:
New lung cancer screening guidelines recommend annual CT scans, but only for older, current, or former heavy smokers.
The American College of Chest Physicians, The American Society of Clinical Oncology and The National Comprehensive Cancer Network say the risks of screening younger people outweigh the benefits.
About eight million Americans would be eligible for screening under the new guidelines. An estimated 226,000 Americans will be diagnosed with lung cancer this year.
Lisa Lacerra, FOX News Radio.