- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 11 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Ex-Rutgers Student Sentenced In Webcam Spying Case [VIDEO]
The sentence is in for ex-Rutgers student Dharun Ravi. Ravi was convicted of bias intimidation for using a webcam to spy on his roommate’s intimate relationship with another man.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports from the courthouse in New Brunswick, New Jersey:
Dharun Ravi will serve a 30-day jail term, reporting at 9am on May 31st. Judge Glenn Berman did not recommend deportation.
The sentencing handed down in the crowded courtroom more than three-and-a-half hours after the proceeding began.
Victim statements were made by Ravi’s parents who defended him and the parents of Tyler Clementi, who killed himself days after Ravi spied on him with a webcam having relations with another man.
Clementi’s mother called him evil and malicious. Ravi did not speak.
In New Brunswick, New Jersey, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more on Dharun Ravi’s sentencing: