- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 1 day ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 2 days ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
New Mom Is Latest Flesh-Eating Bacteria Victim
A new mother who delivered twins last week at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta is battling a rare flesh-eating bacteria in South Carolina. It’ s the second case in the last few weeks.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
A few days after giving birth and less than 12 hours after being discharged from the hospital, Lana Kuykendall noticed an unusual palm sized bruise on her leg. She checked into the hospital and six hours later it was the size of a sheet of paper.
Lana has had four surgeries in the past six days, doctors say its a flesh-eating bacteria.
(Friend) “On Monday it went very well that they did not find anything but healthy tissue, so they may have gotten ahead of the infection.”
Friends are monitoring her progress and helping with her newborns while her husband stays by her bedside.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s Note: A Georgia student, Aimee Copeland, remains in critical care after a gash from a broken zip-line developed into an infection. Doctors plan to amputate all of her fingers after amputating her left leg to save her life.