- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 3 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Minors Finding An Easy Way To Buy Alcohol
Minors are finding an easy outlet for buying alcohol. According to a new study from the University of North Carolina, underagers are able to go online to get their hands on booze.
Mark Mueller with FOX News Radio affiliate WRDU reports from Raleigh, North Carolina:
A new study by the University of North Carolina finding minors can easily purchase alcohol from online retailers and shipping companies. Rebecca Williams is a research associate at UNC’s Center for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention and lead author of the study.
(Williams) “Our study found that minors, using their real ID’s were able to successfully buy alcohol from online vendors in about half of their attempts.”
The study published in the May issue of the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine found that 45 out of 100 orders attempted by underage buyers were successful and only 28% of orders that were placed by minors were rejected because of age verification.
In Raleigh, Mark Mueller, FOX News Radio.