- The Balance Of Power: A FOX News Radio SpecialPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX Country: Kenny Chesney & Jason Aldean Team Up For A Mega TourPosted 12 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Girl Desperate to be Nicki Minaj After Wisdom Teeth RemovalPosted 13 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
House Passes Bill to Avoid Defense Cuts [VIDEO]
The House has passed a GOP-proposed bill to change the mandatory cuts required by the failure of the debt “supercommittee” last year.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details on the cuts & the future on the bill:
The so-called “sequestration” triggers $55 billion in Pentagon cuts. House Republicans, pushing through a proposal to replace those cuts with cuts to social programs and health care.
(Rep. Lucas) “These provisions reduce waste and abuse, and close program loopholes.”
…Oklahoma Republican Frank Lucas, rejecting accusations the cuts will hurt struggling families. Maryland Democrat Chris van Hollen, complaining Republicans aren’t serious enough about off-setting defense cuts…
(Rep. van Hollen) “…To ask millionaires to pay a little bit more for our common defense.”
The GOP-proposal is unlikely to go far in the Senate, and the White House has threatened a veto.
At the U.S. Capitol, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the White House veto threat HERE: