- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 49 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 6 hours ago
- Which Country Singer Reportedly Lands Acting Gig In New Adam Sandler Movie?Posted 7 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
House Passes Bill to Avoid Defense Cuts [VIDEO]
The House has passed a GOP-proposed bill to change the mandatory cuts required by the failure of the debt “supercommittee” last year.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details on the cuts & the future on the bill:
The so-called “sequestration” triggers $55 billion in Pentagon cuts. House Republicans, pushing through a proposal to replace those cuts with cuts to social programs and health care.
(Rep. Lucas) “These provisions reduce waste and abuse, and close program loopholes.”
…Oklahoma Republican Frank Lucas, rejecting accusations the cuts will hurt struggling families. Maryland Democrat Chris van Hollen, complaining Republicans aren’t serious enough about off-setting defense cuts…
(Rep. van Hollen) “…To ask millionaires to pay a little bit more for our common defense.”
The GOP-proposal is unlikely to go far in the Senate, and the White House has threatened a veto.
At the U.S. Capitol, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the White House veto threat HERE: