- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 40 mins ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of March 7thPosted 1 hour ago
- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 16 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 22 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
House Passes Bill to Avoid Defense Cuts [VIDEO]
The House has passed a GOP-proposed bill to change the mandatory cuts required by the failure of the debt “supercommittee” last year.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details on the cuts & the future on the bill:
The so-called “sequestration” triggers $55 billion in Pentagon cuts. House Republicans, pushing through a proposal to replace those cuts with cuts to social programs and health care.
(Rep. Lucas) “These provisions reduce waste and abuse, and close program loopholes.”
…Oklahoma Republican Frank Lucas, rejecting accusations the cuts will hurt struggling families. Maryland Democrat Chris van Hollen, complaining Republicans aren’t serious enough about off-setting defense cuts…
(Rep. van Hollen) “…To ask millionaires to pay a little bit more for our common defense.”
The GOP-proposal is unlikely to go far in the Senate, and the White House has threatened a veto.
At the U.S. Capitol, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the White House veto threat HERE: