- Bullet Points: Boston Top Cop Evans – Residents Don’t Need To Own Shotguns / RiflesPosted 2 hours ago
- Hired! Office Body LanguagePosted 3 hours ago
- Border Disorder: A Plan From House RepublicansPosted 20 hours ago
- AEHQ: FOX Poll: Midterm Election InterestPosted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Fist Bump For HealthPosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 weeks ago
House Passes Bill to Avoid Defense Cuts [VIDEO]
The House has passed a GOP-proposed bill to change the mandatory cuts required by the failure of the debt “supercommittee” last year.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has details on the cuts & the future on the bill:
The so-called “sequestration” triggers $55 billion in Pentagon cuts. House Republicans, pushing through a proposal to replace those cuts with cuts to social programs and health care.
(Rep. Lucas) “These provisions reduce waste and abuse, and close program loopholes.”
…Oklahoma Republican Frank Lucas, rejecting accusations the cuts will hurt struggling families. Maryland Democrat Chris van Hollen, complaining Republicans aren’t serious enough about off-setting defense cuts…
(Rep. van Hollen) “…To ask millionaires to pay a little bit more for our common defense.”
The GOP-proposal is unlikely to go far in the Senate, and the White House has threatened a veto.
At the U.S. Capitol, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the White House veto threat HERE: