- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 5 hours ago
- Man Killed By FBI In Boston Bombing Probe [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 8 hours ago
- Memorial Day TravelPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX on Tech: Microsoft Unveils Xbox OnePosted 12 hours ago
- London Machete AttackPosted 13 hours ago
GA Woman Fighting Flesh-Eating Bacteria After Zip-lining
A Georgia woman is fighting for her life after contracting a flesh-eating infection while on an outdoors trip with friends.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports:
24-year-old Aimee Copeland contracted a flesh-eating bacterial infection after hurting herself when falling off a zip-line in western Georgia. A family neighbor says she’s already lost a limb:
(Neighbor) “What are you telling us? You just had to take her leg off? High-hip amputation? You’ve got to be kidding me.”
Her case is getting much attention. A rotary club from outside Atlanta is trucking in blood donors:
(Louis Young) “A blood drive trip in a bus to the blood facility that supplies the hospital where Aimee is.”
She’s improving, says her family. At one point doctors didn’t think she would live.
Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.