- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 2 hours ago
- FOX Country: Dustin Lynch Snags First No. 1 On BillboardPosted 3 hours ago
- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 23 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 24 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
DOJ Files Suit Against AZ Sheriff Arpaio [VIDEO]
The Federal Government’s been investigating this Arizona Sheriff, then negotiating with him, but now they are suing him.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is accused by the Department of Justice of unconstitutional law enforcement and jail practices, namely through discrimination against Latinos.
They said they tried to negotiate with Arpaio, but Arpaio says the Department was stingy with information, and they want an independent monitor to oversee his department.
(Arpaio) “I’d like to get this resolved but im not going to give up the authority of the elected Sheriff. I’m not going to give up my organization to the Federal Government. It’s as simple as that.”
The DOJ says the discrimination against Latinos is systemic. That, for example, Latino drivers are stopped up to nine times more often than non-Latino ones.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more about the battle between the DOJ and Sheriff Arpaio: