- Housecall for Health: Sugar HighPosted 1 hour ago
- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 22 hours ago
- Skydiver vs Plane [PHOTOS / VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 5 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
DOJ Files Suit Against AZ Sheriff Arpaio [VIDEO]
The Federal Government’s been investigating this Arizona Sheriff, then negotiating with him, but now they are suing him.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is accused by the Department of Justice of unconstitutional law enforcement and jail practices, namely through discrimination against Latinos.
They said they tried to negotiate with Arpaio, but Arpaio says the Department was stingy with information, and they want an independent monitor to oversee his department.
(Arpaio) “I’d like to get this resolved but im not going to give up the authority of the elected Sheriff. I’m not going to give up my organization to the Federal Government. It’s as simple as that.”
The DOJ says the discrimination against Latinos is systemic. That, for example, Latino drivers are stopped up to nine times more often than non-Latino ones.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more about the battle between the DOJ and Sheriff Arpaio: