- Housecall For Health: Tornado Aftermath DangersPosted 4 hours ago
- At Least Two Dozen Killed in Massive OK Tornado [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- Apple Pie-Eating RecordPosted 23 hours ago
- The Doors’ Ray Manzarek Dies [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- Housecall for Health: Dirty HandbagsPosted 1 day ago
DOJ Files Suit Against AZ Sheriff Arpaio [VIDEO]
The Federal Government’s been investigating this Arizona Sheriff, then negotiating with him, but now they are suing him.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports:
Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is accused by the Department of Justice of unconstitutional law enforcement and jail practices, namely through discrimination against Latinos.
They said they tried to negotiate with Arpaio, but Arpaio says the Department was stingy with information, and they want an independent monitor to oversee his department.
(Arpaio) “I’d like to get this resolved but im not going to give up the authority of the elected Sheriff. I’m not going to give up my organization to the Federal Government. It’s as simple as that.”
The DOJ says the discrimination against Latinos is systemic. That, for example, Latino drivers are stopped up to nine times more often than non-Latino ones.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
WATCH to learn more about the battle between the DOJ and Sheriff Arpaio: