- Deer Tick DangersPosted 1 day ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 3 days ago
Why Do People Brag So Much?
Why do people brag so much? Thanks to a new study out of Harvard, science may have an answer.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
Bragging feels so good it lights up the brain just like food and money.
A study conducted at Harvard finds that about 40% of everything we say is devoted to telling others what we think and feel because it’s so rewarding, we cant shut-up about it.
In fact the study, reported by the Wall Street Journal, says we like talking about ourselves so much it matters more than money.
They offered test subjects money to talk about other people. Instead people gave up as much 25% of their potential earnings to keep talking about themselves.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.