- Hillary: “You Won’t Get Me To Talk About Keystone”Posted 24 mins ago
- Legal Lis: Seattle Seahawks Attempting to Trademark The Number 12, The Word ‘Boom’ And MorePosted 1 hour ago
- President Obama Drops Proposal To Cut Tax Breaks For College Savings Plans [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Valentine’s Day Special: Adopt A Cockroach For Your ExPosted 22 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Sending Your Ex-Spouse Off With A BangPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
Student Loan Stalemate On Capitol Hill [VIDEO]
Congressional Republicans and Democrats are accusing each other of playing election-year politics with student loan interest rates. The jabs back-and-forth are increasing now that a Senate version of a bill to stop the rates from nearly doubling has been blocked.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
The bill would have stopped student loan rates from rising to 6.8% in July. Both parties want that. Democrats would pay for it by raising taxes on some high-earning stockholders. Republicans want to pay for it by killing part of President Obama’s healthcare law.
Democratic Senator Tom Harkin wonders:
(Sen. Harkin) “Are we having a healthcare debate or an education debate?”
Republican Senator Lamar Alexander replies:
(Sen. Alexander) “It was the Democrats that connected healthcare to student loans.”
Senate Republicans say the Democrats won’t consider their plan, so they blocked the Democrats’ plan.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the battle over student loan interest rates HERE: