- Could Cyber Crime Happen To You?Posted 2 hours ago
- Survey Reveals More Parents Requesting To Delay Vaccinations For KidsPosted 3 hours ago
- AFMW: Country Music Legend Aaron TippinPosted 7 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Student Loan Stalemate On Capitol Hill [VIDEO]
Congressional Republicans and Democrats are accusing each other of playing election-year politics with student loan interest rates. The jabs back-and-forth are increasing now that a Senate version of a bill to stop the rates from nearly doubling has been blocked.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington:
The bill would have stopped student loan rates from rising to 6.8% in July. Both parties want that. Democrats would pay for it by raising taxes on some high-earning stockholders. Republicans want to pay for it by killing part of President Obama’s healthcare law.
Democratic Senator Tom Harkin wonders:
(Sen. Harkin) “Are we having a healthcare debate or an education debate?”
Republican Senator Lamar Alexander replies:
(Sen. Alexander) “It was the Democrats that connected healthcare to student loans.”
Senate Republicans say the Democrats won’t consider their plan, so they blocked the Democrats’ plan.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the battle over student loan interest rates HERE: