- Final Push For Potential Nuclear Deal With Iran [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- NSA Considered Ending Phone Surveillance Program?Posted 5 hours ago
- AFMW: Becki Newton & Zachary Knighton of FOX’s "Weird Loners"Posted 6 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
Maurice Sendak, ‘Where The Wild Things Are’ Author, Dies at 83
A well-known author of children’s books has died. Maurice Sendak passed away Tuesday at the age of 83.
FOX News Radio’s Ron Flatter reports:
Maurice Sendak says he had no special training.
(Sendak) “I had no education. I did not go to art school. My drawing was so crude.”
But his illustrations and words in “Where the Wild Things Are” proved popular with children. It was an award-winning book nearly 50 years ago that explored the dark side of the human mind.
(Sendak) “I’ve have kids express themselves as they are, impolitely, lovingly. They don’t mean any harm. They just don’t know what the right way is.”
“Chicken Soup with Rice” and “Higglety Pigglety Pop” were among his other works.
Sendak was 83 when he died in Connecticut. He had suffered a stroke Friday.
Ron Flatter, FOX News Radio.