- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 19 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
FOX on Tech: Who Owns Your Tweets?
Who owns your tweets? That question has become the center of a court battle in New York City.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig is in New York and went hunting for the answer:
As a Twitter user, YOU own the content of your tweets. Twitter says so itself in its “Terms of Service,” which basically says they’re just a service that you give permission to share YOUR thoughts and YOUR pictures. So if you post something offensive or illegal, Twitter says they aren’t liable. But the Manhattan District Attorney disagrees.
(Protesters) “Ain’t no power like the power of people, ’cause the power of people don’t stop.”
He’s subpoenaed the social media platform, seeking months worth of deleted tweets from Malcolm Harris, an Occupy protester arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge in October. They want to prove Harris knew police prohibited the protests on the bridge.
Twitter says they don’t own the tweets, so they don’t have the authority to relinquish them.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.