- Baltimore Erupts Into Violence [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Historic Arguments On Same Sex MarriagePosted 5 hours ago
- Tips To Get Your Kid Eating A Healthier DietPosted 6 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 6 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
FOX on Tech: Who Owns Your Tweets?
Who owns your tweets? That question has become the center of a court battle in New York City.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig is in New York and went hunting for the answer:
As a Twitter user, YOU own the content of your tweets. Twitter says so itself in its “Terms of Service,” which basically says they’re just a service that you give permission to share YOUR thoughts and YOUR pictures. So if you post something offensive or illegal, Twitter says they aren’t liable. But the Manhattan District Attorney disagrees.
(Protesters) “Ain’t no power like the power of people, ’cause the power of people don’t stop.”
He’s subpoenaed the social media platform, seeking months worth of deleted tweets from Malcolm Harris, an Occupy protester arrested on the Brooklyn Bridge in October. They want to prove Harris knew police prohibited the protests on the bridge.
Twitter says they don’t own the tweets, so they don’t have the authority to relinquish them.
Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.