- Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel ResigningPosted 9 hours ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 12 hours ago
- The 2014 American Music Awards RecapPosted 13 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
AEHQ: Sen. Lugar Loses IN GOP Primary [VIDEO]
He’s served 35 years on Capitol Hill, and it’ll be 36 years when his terms ends in January. But Senator Richard Lugar won’t be back in Congress for year number 37, losing his spot as the Republican nominee in Indiana’s state primary.
FOX News Radio’s Jennifer Keiper reports from Indianapolis:
U.S. Senator Dick Lugar says there are deep political divisions in this country right now.
(Lugar) “But these divisions are not insurmountable.”
And he says he’ll support Tea Party candidate Richard Mourdock.
This loss has been difficult for many Lugar supporters, like Roger Schmelzer who calls the long-time Senator a class-act.
(Schmelzer) “He’s one of the, he’s one of the best men I’ve ever known. I worked for him 20 years ago and he’s a patriot.”
Winner Richard Mourdock says he feels bad about Lugar’s run ending.
(Mourdock) “But it’s time to move forward and I’m sure he will continue to make a great contribution to America and this great state.”
Mourdock’s new challenger is U.S. Congressman Joe Donnelly.
In Indianapolis, Jennifer Keiper, FOX News Radio.
WATCH winner Richard Mourdock speak about winning the IN GOP Primary: