- Air Bag Recall Expands To 7.8 Million VehiclesPosted 14 hours ago
- What’s Included In Government Waste? [VIDEO]Posted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: The Right To Bear ArmsPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
A Weighty Problem
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention have released a new report on just how weighty a problem obesity is becoming in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
Despite other studies that suggest obesity rates are skyrocketing in America. The CDC reports the increase of people getting fat is leveling off. But, they note the nation’s weight is still a major problem.
Dr Dietz: “34% of adults and 17% of children and adolescents are still obese.”
Which the CDC’s Doctor William Dietz says generates tens of billions of dollars in healthcare costs per year. There are variables to the study, like future changes in costs for healthy and fast food. Scientists suggest obesity rates will increase 42% by 2030. That’s less then the 50+% in prior estimates. As for severe obesity rates, scientists think they’ll double.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.