- The Winners Of The 2015 Boston Marathon Are…Posted 13 hours ago
- 2015 ACM Awards: Miranda Lambert, Luke Bryan Win BigPosted 21 hours ago
- AFMW: Carly Fiorina, Former CEO of Hewlett PackardPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 7 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
A Weighty Problem
The Centers For Disease Control and Prevention have released a new report on just how weighty a problem obesity is becoming in the United States.
FOX News Radio’s Jeff Monosso reports:
Despite other studies that suggest obesity rates are skyrocketing in America. The CDC reports the increase of people getting fat is leveling off. But, they note the nation’s weight is still a major problem.
Dr Dietz: “34% of adults and 17% of children and adolescents are still obese.”
Which the CDC’s Doctor William Dietz says generates tens of billions of dollars in healthcare costs per year. There are variables to the study, like future changes in costs for healthy and fast food. Scientists suggest obesity rates will increase 42% by 2030. That’s less then the 50+% in prior estimates. As for severe obesity rates, scientists think they’ll double.
Jeff Monosso, FOX News Radio.