- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 14 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For A “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 15 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
The April Jobs Report & Does Spirit Airlines Lack A Patriotic Spirit?
The 76-year-old Vietnam veteran and former Marine Jerry Meekins appearing on FOX & FRIENDS earlier this week
** LESLIE GOLD FILLS IN FOR TOM **
The April Jobs Report
The latest jobs report is pretty pathetic. Aside from only 115,0000 jobs being created last month, more and more Americans are jumping ship and giving up on the job market all together! Who are these people? Are they retirees? Former workers who are deciding to be stay at home parents?
Then, a large portion of Americans getting out of the labor force are those who are signing up for disability! Is it too easy to qualify for this safety net? Leslie wonders if disability is the new unemployment!
No Patriotic Spirit?
The Spirit airlines CEO is telling an ill military vet to go take a flying leap. The company has been under pressure to give a 76-year-old Vietnam veteran and former Marine a $197 refund. Spirit CEO Ben Baldanza is saying tough luck. Is Spirit bungling this crisis? Will it hurt their business? Leslie compares it to past corporate P.R. disasters.
No More Curb Appeal?
According to a new report, home-ownership is at a 15 year low. Not only is it becoming harder to own a home, Leslie wonders if the idea of owning a home is losing its allure? And if that’s the case, what does that mean for our economy and our culture?