- Reaction Split Over President Obama’s Executive Action On Immigration [VIDEO]Posted 42 mins ago
- 12-year-old Carrying BB Gun, Shot & Killed By PolicePosted 1 hour ago
- AFMW: Singer / Songwriter JewelPosted 3 hours ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Chick ChickPosted 3 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 week ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 2 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Reuters Poll: 22% In U.S. Believe World Will End In Their Lifetimes
Fifteen percent of respondents to an Ipsos/Reuters Poll worldwide believe the world will end in their lifetimes, but a larger percentage of Americans believe this.
“Whether they think it will come to an end through the hands of God, or a natural disaster or a political event, whatever the reason, one in seven thinks the end of the world is coming,” said Keren Gottfried, research manager at Ipsos Global Public Affairs which conducted the poll for Reuters.
“Perhaps it is because of the media attention coming from one interpretation of the Mayan prophecy that states the world ‘ends’ in our calendar year 2012,” Gottfried said, adding that some Mayan scholars have disputed the interpretation.