- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Sleep Off Fat
Getting more sleep may be the trick to losing more weight.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
To lose weight, try the sleep diet. Sleeping for more than nine hours may help weight loss according to the latest research. But if you sleep for fewer than seven hours it may go the other way, toward higher body weight.
The difference is because of genetic factors. The study, conducted at the University of Washington, is considered the first study to examine how sleep interacts with them.
The genes affect how the body uses energy and how fat is stored. The lead author says short sleep may allow the genes to blossom. More sleep nips them in the bud.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.