- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 2 days ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Sleep Off Fat
Getting more sleep may be the trick to losing more weight.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
To lose weight, try the sleep diet. Sleeping for more than nine hours may help weight loss according to the latest research. But if you sleep for fewer than seven hours it may go the other way, toward higher body weight.
The difference is because of genetic factors. The study, conducted at the University of Washington, is considered the first study to examine how sleep interacts with them.
The genes affect how the body uses energy and how fat is stored. The lead author says short sleep may allow the genes to blossom. More sleep nips them in the bud.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio.