- Teen Pregnancies DownPosted 4 hours ago
- Rating The Best and Worst AirlinesPosted 5 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: American Cancer Society Turns 100Posted 10 hours ago
- Holder Letter Acknowledges U.S. Citizen DeathsPosted 21 hours ago
- Hometown Heartache [VIDEO]Posted 24 hours ago
More On The War For Voting Rights
When last we checked in on the Obama campaign against the War on Voting being waged by Republicans in statehouses across the country, they were planning lawsuits and voter education. Well they’ve ramped up their efforts.
In Wisconsin, where a new state law requires those registering voters to be deputized in whichever of the state’s 1,800 municipalities they are assigned to, the campaign sent a team of trainers armed with instructions for complying with the new regulations.
In Florida, the campaign’s voter registration aides traveled across the state to train volunteers on a new requirement that voter registration signatures be handed in to state officials within 48 hours after they are collected.
And in Ohio, Mr. Obama’s staff members have begun reaching out to let voters know about new laws that discourage precinct workers from telling voters where to go if they show up at the wrong precinct.
The Obama campaign knows that the more eligible voters that vote, the better their chances are. The Republicans are aware of this target=”_blank”>too.