- Ukraine Crisis Leads To Sanctions On Russia, Executive OrderPosted 11 hours ago
- The Balance of Power: Is The Tea Party Losing Steam?Posted 17 hours ago
- Conservatives Gather At CPAC [VIDEO]Posted 17 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 19 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Capital City 400 (Richmond)
They’ll be racing under the lights this weekend at Richmond International Speedway for the Capital City 400, where an electric car will be leading the pack for the first time. Meanwhile, another track is getting a makeover thanks to fans, who have called for more exciting racing.
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee “Trackside” Teshineh has all that in this NASCAR preview:
Denny Hamlin, on a roll this season, hoping to extend his winning streak to two in a row – on his home track.
(Hamlin) “I love going to Richmond anyway, but any time you can go after winning the previous week, it makes it a little more exciting.”
But Kevin Harvick, the winner of Richmond’s fall race, thinks he’s got a good shot.
(Harvick) “We’ve been fortunate to have a lot of success through the years there, so we’re definitely looking forward to going to Richmond.”
I spoke to Tim Duerr from Ford Racing about the new all-electric pace car debuting at Richmond this weekend, and he predicts one day…
(Duerr) “Somewhere down the road, a series, whether it’s a NASCAR or with another racing group, that could feature all electric vehicles on the track.”
And Bristol fans had their say, and are getting their way after complaining about “boring races.” Track owners are redoing the track by removing some of the added banking, which will mean less room for drivers to maneuver and more chances to crash.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.
Follow Marghiee on Twitter: @Ladytrackside