- President Obama Issues Executive Order Allowing Sanctions On Cyber AttackersPosted 16 hours ago
- California Governor Orders Mandatory Water ReductionsPosted 16 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Tax Break Holiday for FL Gun Owners?Posted 22 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 3 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 9 months ago
TSA Screeners Charged In LA Drug Trafficking Probe
Instead of focusing on airport security, some TSA screeners are accused of lining their pockets with drug money.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports from Los Angeles:
The U.S. Attorney’s office says they got a tip that drugs like cocaine and methamphetamine were getting through screening at LAX, early last year. In the first incident, U.S. Attorney Spokesman Thom Mrozek says a drug courier got through.
Mrozek: “In the one legit drug shipment that was seized, we let the drug courier go, we took the drugs, we let the courier go in order to preserve the ongoing investigation.”
Mrozek says that worked. In four future incidents, a DEA undercover operative was sent in to make the arrangements and they built a case against the four TSA screeners. He says of three drug couriers involved, they’re only searching for one, and it’s not the one they let go.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.
FOX’s Trace Gallagher has more on this story:
The U.S. Attorney in this case says and I’m quoting here: “The allegations in this case describe a significant breakdown of the screening system through the conduct of individuals who placed greed above the nation’s security needs.” Keep in mind the underlying theme here is they don’t know if there were weapons or a bomb placed within those drugs; numerous suitcases that went through security. We are now being told the suspects; there are six of them, the four former and current TSA agents as well as two others are now facing each up to 40 years in prison.