- AFMW: Dr. Paul White, Psychologist, Author, Speaker, and ConsultantPosted 19 hours ago
- Leonard Nimoy, Star Trek’s “Spock” – Dies At 83Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: ‘Sesame Street’ Spoofs ‘House Of Cards’!Posted 2 days ago
- Kevin Harvick Gearing Up For AtlantaPosted 2 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
Supreme Court Hears AZ Immigration Arguments [VIDEO]
Arizona representatives have argued before the U.S. Supreme Court for their right to crackdown on illegal immigration in a case that the Federal government says oversteps state’s rights by impeding on a unified Federal law.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern was in the courtroom for the arguments and reports from outside the Supreme Court:
Outside the court, plenty of chants from opponents of SB-1070, but it appears Arizona found some sympathy from the Justices here – the Court signaling it has no problem with a state law requiring police officers to check the immigration status of people suspected of being in the U.S. illegally. Justice Antonin Scalia, saying the Arizona law only makes illegal what Federal law makes illegal.
The Obama Administration argues the state law is an unconstitutional over-reach, jeopardizing a uniformed Federal policy. On other issues surrounding the law, the Court appears more split. Lower Federal courts have blocked the legislation.
At the Supreme Court, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.
WATCH more on the arguments before the Supreme Court HERE: