- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 21 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 22 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 22 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Hospital Bills Vary Wildly From Hospital to Hospital
If you are among the 50 million uninsured Americans, the cost of a trip to the hospital comes straight out of your pocket. But figuring out how much that bill is going to be is far from an exact science.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study shows the alarming inconsistency in hospital bills – some varying by tens of thousands of dollars for the same procedure. University of California researchers find that the charge for having your appendix removed ranges from $1,500 to more than $182,000.
Experts say health care providers need to come up with a list of baseline prices for treating all medical conditions.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.