- Cover-Up Allegations Haunt Benghazi Committee HearingPosted 25 mins ago
- Vikings Ban Adrian Peterson Amid Child Abuse Case [VIDEO]Posted 1 hour ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 3 hours ago
- Hired! Looking For Work?Posted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Hospital Bills Vary Wildly From Hospital to Hospital
If you are among the 50 million uninsured Americans, the cost of a trip to the hospital comes straight out of your pocket. But figuring out how much that bill is going to be is far from an exact science.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
A new study shows the alarming inconsistency in hospital bills – some varying by tens of thousands of dollars for the same procedure. University of California researchers find that the charge for having your appendix removed ranges from $1,500 to more than $182,000.
Experts say health care providers need to come up with a list of baseline prices for treating all medical conditions.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.