- U.S. Pledges Additional Aid To Nepal Following EarthquakePosted 10 hours ago
- Loretta Lynch Sworn In As U.S. Attorney GeneralPosted 11 hours ago
- Clinton Cash Scandal: Foundation Admits “We Made Mistakes” [VIDEO]Posted 18 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
CDC: Cholesterol Levels Low Nationwide
How many Americans have high cholesterol? Perhaps not as many as you might guess.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Only 13% of U.S. adults have high total cholesterol according to this just released study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It may seem surprising in a nation where two-thirds of the population is overwight, but U.S. officials say the low numbers are from dropping smoking rates, cholesterol lowering medication and other factors.
The study was based on interviews and blood tests of nearly 6,000 adults in 2009 and 2010.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.