- Secret Service Director Julia Pierson ResignsPosted 11 hours ago
- First Domestic Case of Ebola Confirmed In Dallas [VIDEO]Posted 19 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Gun Report Finds Criminals Bypass System to Get GunsPosted 20 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
CDC: Cholesterol Levels Low Nationwide
How many Americans have high cholesterol? Perhaps not as many as you might guess.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Only 13% of U.S. adults have high total cholesterol according to this just released study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It may seem surprising in a nation where two-thirds of the population is overwight, but U.S. officials say the low numbers are from dropping smoking rates, cholesterol lowering medication and other factors.
The study was based on interviews and blood tests of nearly 6,000 adults in 2009 and 2010.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.