- Foreign Dispatch: Crimea ConundrumPosted 15 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 23 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
CDC: Cholesterol Levels Low Nationwide
How many Americans have high cholesterol? Perhaps not as many as you might guess.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Only 13% of U.S. adults have high total cholesterol according to this just released study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It may seem surprising in a nation where two-thirds of the population is overwight, but U.S. officials say the low numbers are from dropping smoking rates, cholesterol lowering medication and other factors.
The study was based on interviews and blood tests of nearly 6,000 adults in 2009 and 2010.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.