- Australia Foils Terror Plot, Sends Troops To The Middle East In Fight Against ISIS [VIDEO]Posted 52 mins ago
- The Balance Of Power: The Clintons Look To Save Senate DemocratsPosted 5 hours ago
- It’s That Time Of Year Again… Flu SeasonPosted 6 hours ago
- Legal Lis: What’s the Next Step in the Adrian Peterson Child Injury Case?Posted 7 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
CDC: Cholesterol Levels Low Nationwide
How many Americans have high cholesterol? Perhaps not as many as you might guess.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Only 13% of U.S. adults have high total cholesterol according to this just released study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
It may seem surprising in a nation where two-thirds of the population is overwight, but U.S. officials say the low numbers are from dropping smoking rates, cholesterol lowering medication and other factors.
The study was based on interviews and blood tests of nearly 6,000 adults in 2009 and 2010.
Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.