- President Obama Insists No U.S. Combat Mission In IraqPosted 4 hours ago
- Fed Signals Plan To Keep Interest Rates Low For “Considerable Time” [VIDEO]Posted 5 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Manhunt Underway for Suspect in PA State Trooper AmbushPosted 11 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
WaPo Editorial Board: Romney “Contemptuous Toward The Importance Of Public Disclosure”
If his secrecy during the campaign is any indication, a Romney presidency would lack transparency.
First is the matter of tax returns. Mr. Romney’s campaign, belatedly and under pressure, released a single year’s worth of tax information in January along with a summary for the 2011 return. Now, with a Friday afternoon release conveniently timed for minimum news coverage a week ago, it announced that the candidate had filed for an extension…
Then there is the mystery of Mr. Romney’s bundlers. Candidates such as Mr. McCain, George W. Bush and Barack Obama, among others, voluntarily did the right thing and revealed the identity of these major fundraisers. Mr. Romney, despite the undeniable importance of these individuals, has declined to follow that practice.