- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 20 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 21 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 21 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
John Edwards Trial Begins in North Carolina [VIDEO]
Was John Edwards’ cover-up of his affair with Rielle Hunter a Federal crime? The former Senator and Presidential candidate is accused of taking improper payments during his White House run, using part of the money to hide his pregnant girlfriend.
FOX News Radio’s Eben Brown reports on the trial’s opening statements from Greensboro, NC:
Prosecutors spent their time telling the jury that the former Senator has a ‘selective memory’ when it comes to asking donors for money and what he spent that money on. They claim he spent a million dollars of donor money to keep his mistress hidden during his run for the Presidency. His defense team claims there is is difference between money given to a campaign and money given for personal matters.
In Greensboro, North Carolina, Eben Brown, FOX News Radio.
Editor’s note: Andrew Young, Edwards former speechwriter also took the stand Monday. At one point Young was willing to claim the Senator’s love child as his own. The rumors of the affair played out in the tabloid media as Edwards wife Elizabeth battled terminal cancer.
Watch the VIDEO below for more on this story: