- The Balance Of Power: Is President Obama Hurting Democrats?Posted 9 mins ago
- Freed American Journalist Releases StatementPosted 21 hours ago
- Lawsuit Over Common CorePosted 21 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Shoot to Wound?Posted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
AEHQ: Primary to Narrow List in Race to be Giffords’ Successor
Four Republicans and one Democrat have their names on the ballot for a special primary ahead of a special election for the Arizona congressional seat formerly held by Gabrielle Giffords.
FOX News Radio’s Jessica Rosenthal reports in this election update:
From America’s Election Headquarters…
The only Democrat in the race is Ron Barber, Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’ District Director. He was one of those shot and injured along with her during the Tucson shooting rampage in which 13 were killed.
Giffords had asked him to run. He’s raised over half a million dollars and due to redistricting, the seat leans more Democratic now – key things in his favor.
But there are four Republicans running: Jesse Kelly, an Iraq War Vet lost in a close race to Giffords two years ago. Others include State Sen. Frank Antenori, retired Air Force pilot Martha McSally and broadcaster Dave Sitton.
Jessica Rosenthal, FOX News Radio.