- AFMW: Beth Chapman, star of CMT’s “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”Posted 5 hours ago
- Iranians Receive Un”Happy” Sentence for Dance VideoPosted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Sesame Street: Star S’Mores — (Star Wars Parody)Posted 1 day ago
- Dallas, TX Suburb Approves Plan for Nation’s 1st Video Game MuseumPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 week ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Iconic World Trade Center Sphere to Be Homeless
An iconic World Trade Center artifact is about to be homeless, forced to move from its post-attack home but unwanted by the official memorial at Ground Zero.
FOX News Radio’s Lisa Brady reports:
What’s known as “The Sphere,” a bronze sculpture that survived 9/11 largely intact, went from being an interim memorial in the months after the attacks, to a monument, dedicated by officials from dozens of nations in 2002.
But in the coming weeks, the 45,000-pound sculpture has to move and make way for renovations in the park where its been displayed. The gas line that fuels its eternal flame, turned off.
“The Sphere” is not part of the World Trade Center memorial plans, despite thousands of petition signatures gathered by 9/11 families.
In New York, Lisa Brady, FOX News Radio.