- Which Potential 2016 Candidate Stated “[Hillary Clinton] Does Not Know What Leadership Means”?Posted 15 hours ago
- AFMW Judge Jeanine Pirro: The Mystery of Robert DurstPosted 1 day ago
- Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid Will Not Seek Re-Election [VIDEO]Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Harry Potter Parody of ‘Uptown Funk’Posted 2 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 weeks ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 3 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 4 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 7 months ago
Securing America: ICE Sweep Rounds Up 3,100 Illegal Convicts
Immigration & Customs Enforcement rounded up 3,100 people last week. The agency says most of them are criminals in the country illegally.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
These are repeat offenders who were snared last week: 89% with prior convictions, almost 700 fugitives – almost 600 who’ve been deported before and snuck back into the U.S. ICE Director John Morton says they’re not all violent criminals, but among those detained in the 50-state sweep were murderers, sex offenders, child abusers, drunk drivers and thieves.
(Morton) “These are not people we want roaming our streets.”
That’s 3,100 arrests last week. ICE says it removed 216,000 convicted criminals last year, more than half of all deportations.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.