- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 16 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 1 day ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Securing America: ICE Sweep Rounds Up 3,100 Illegal Convicts
Immigration & Customs Enforcement rounded up 3,100 people last week. The agency says most of them are criminals in the country illegally.
FOX News Radio’s Steve Taylor reports from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
These are repeat offenders who were snared last week: 89% with prior convictions, almost 700 fugitives – almost 600 who’ve been deported before and snuck back into the U.S. ICE Director John Morton says they’re not all violent criminals, but among those detained in the 50-state sweep were murderers, sex offenders, child abusers, drunk drivers and thieves.
(Morton) “These are not people we want roaming our streets.”
That’s 3,100 arrests last week. ICE says it removed 216,000 convicted criminals last year, more than half of all deportations.
In Washington, Steve Taylor, FOX News Radio.