- Malaysia Airlines Mystery: Stolen Passports Eyed In Missing Plane Investigation [VIDEO]Posted 2 hours ago
- The U.S. Supreme Court Rejects ‘I Heart Boobies’ AppealPosted 3 hours ago
- FOX Wheels: America’s Big Pothole ProblemPosted 6 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 4 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 1 month ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
Breast Cancer… Over-diagnosed?
A new study calling breast cancer over-diagnosed, possibly because of mammography screening.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Research published in the latest issue of the “Annals of Internal Medicine”, saying breast cancer is over-diagnosed.
Experts in Norway estimate as many as one in four cancerous tumors caught by routine mammograms would not have caused any problems, but they’re being treated anyway.
An editorial in the medical journal noting breast cancer is probably over-diagnosed more in the U.S. because women here get screened more often and at an earlier age.
Still researchers say there’s no way to determine for sure which cancerous breast tumors will be life threatening.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.