- Man Apprehended After Jumping White House Fence [VIDEO]Posted 10 hours ago
- The Balance Of Power: The 5 Most Intriguing House Races of 2014Posted 11 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Should There Be Parent Liability With Facebook?Posted 11 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Breast Cancer… Over-diagnosed?
A new study calling breast cancer over-diagnosed, possibly because of mammography screening.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Research published in the latest issue of the “Annals of Internal Medicine”, saying breast cancer is over-diagnosed.
Experts in Norway estimate as many as one in four cancerous tumors caught by routine mammograms would not have caused any problems, but they’re being treated anyway.
An editorial in the medical journal noting breast cancer is probably over-diagnosed more in the U.S. because women here get screened more often and at an earlier age.
Still researchers say there’s no way to determine for sure which cancerous breast tumors will be life threatening.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.