- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 4 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 5 hours ago
- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 day ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Breast Cancer… Over-diagnosed?
A new study calling breast cancer over-diagnosed, possibly because of mammography screening.
FOX News Radio’s Jane Metzler reports:
Research published in the latest issue of the “Annals of Internal Medicine”, saying breast cancer is over-diagnosed.
Experts in Norway estimate as many as one in four cancerous tumors caught by routine mammograms would not have caused any problems, but they’re being treated anyway.
An editorial in the medical journal noting breast cancer is probably over-diagnosed more in the U.S. because women here get screened more often and at an earlier age.
Still researchers say there’s no way to determine for sure which cancerous breast tumors will be life threatening.
Jane Metzler, FOX News Radio.