- FBI Blames North Korea For Sony AttackPosted 15 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Denver The Guilty Dog Strikes Again!Posted 23 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 3 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Housecall for Health: Heart Transplant Success
Former Vice President Dick Cheney is recovering from a heart transplant, something that is quite hard to get. So just how poor was the former VP’s health? And what are the odds of a successful recovery?
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
After waiting on the transplant list for more than 20 months, former Vice President Dick Cheney is recovering from a successful heart transplant. Top Santa Monica cardiac surgeon Kathy Magliato tells FOX News that to even get on the transplant list, a patient has to be facing imminent death within six months.
Success rates of heart transplants are on the rise, even for recipients over age 65, with a survival rate of 84%.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.