- Judge Finds Oscar Pistorius Guilty of Culpable Homicide [VIDEO]Posted 3 days ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: “DuckTales” Theme Song With Real DucksPosted 3 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 days ago
- The Balance Of Power: War Of WordsPosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Heart Transplant Success
Former Vice President Dick Cheney is recovering from a heart transplant, something that is quite hard to get. So just how poor was the former VP’s health? And what are the odds of a successful recovery?
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
After waiting on the transplant list for more than 20 months, former Vice President Dick Cheney is recovering from a successful heart transplant. Top Santa Monica cardiac surgeon Kathy Magliato tells FOX News that to even get on the transplant list, a patient has to be facing imminent death within six months.
Success rates of heart transplants are on the rise, even for recipients over age 65, with a survival rate of 84%.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.