- The Nation Mourns Slain NYPD OfficersPosted 12 hours ago
- The Pope Blasts Vatican Bureaucracy in Christmas MessagePosted 12 hours ago
- AFMW: Duck Dynasty’s Miss Kay & John Luke RobertsonPosted 18 hours ago
- Highlights From The American Country Countdown AwardsPosted 4 days ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 5 days ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 6 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 1 month ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Dissolvable Tobacco Draws Questions From FDA
There’s a different kind of tobacco product being reviewed by the FDA… dissolvable tobacco.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
Smokers… Would you switch to Camel Orbs? Or suck on Marlboro Sticks?
Those are among the dissolvable tobacco products an FDA advisory panel says could reduce health risks.
These are cigarette alternatives being test marketed by the big companies. Also sold by others.
The committee studying them says they should be less hazardous, but also found no evidence people would stop smoking and switch to the strips, or sticks or tablets that dissolve in about 15 minutes.
The FDA fears they could increase overall tobacco use, appealing to kids and young adults.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio