- Deer Tick DangersPosted 18 hours ago
- IRS Questioned Over Targeting ScandalPosted 2 days ago
- Midwest Gas Price SpikePosted 2 days ago
- FOX CountryPosted 2 days ago
- Life Expectancy RisesPosted 2 days ago
- David Beckham To Retire From SoccerPosted 2 days ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: All-Star Race (Charlotte)Posted 2 days ago
Dissolvable Tobacco Draws Questions From FDA
There’s a different kind of tobacco product being reviewed by the FDA… dissolvable tobacco.
FOX News Radio’s Dave Anthony reports:
Smokers… Would you switch to Camel Orbs? Or suck on Marlboro Sticks?
Those are among the dissolvable tobacco products an FDA advisory panel says could reduce health risks.
These are cigarette alternatives being test marketed by the big companies. Also sold by others.
The committee studying them says they should be less hazardous, but also found no evidence people would stop smoking and switch to the strips, or sticks or tablets that dissolve in about 15 minutes.
The FDA fears they could increase overall tobacco use, appealing to kids and young adults.
Dave Anthony, FOX News Radio