- Doctor In NYC Tests Positive For Ebola [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase Moves On To MartinsvillePosted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Star GoatsPosted 8 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 1 month ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 4 months ago
Housecall for Health: Diabetic? Avoid White Rice
Anyone at risk of diabetes knows that you need to avoid sugar…but are there other, seemingly healthy foods that you should be avoiding, as well?
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
If you’re at risk for Type-II diabetes, you may want to cut down on the white rice. Harvard researchers say each large serving of white rice is linked to an 11% increased risk of developing the disease.
Compared with brown rice, white rice lacks many of the nutrients thought to protect against diabetes, like fiber and magnesium, but it’s still the most common type of rice eaten worldwide.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.