- VIRAL VIDEOS: Miracle On 6 TrainPosted 1 day ago
- Amazing Images: Hubble Space Telescope Marks 25th Anniversary [PHOTOS]Posted 1 day ago
- NASCAR Takes A Spin Around The White HousePosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 1 month ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 5 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Housecall for Health: Diabetic? Avoid White Rice
Anyone at risk of diabetes knows that you need to avoid sugar…but are there other, seemingly healthy foods that you should be avoiding, as well?
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
If you’re at risk for Type-II diabetes, you may want to cut down on the white rice. Harvard researchers say each large serving of white rice is linked to an 11% increased risk of developing the disease.
Compared with brown rice, white rice lacks many of the nutrients thought to protect against diabetes, like fiber and magnesium, but it’s still the most common type of rice eaten worldwide.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.