- AFMW: Olympic Wrestler Mark SchultzPosted 8 hours ago
- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 1 day ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 1 day ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 1 day ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Housecall for Health: Diabetic? Avoid White Rice
Anyone at risk of diabetes knows that you need to avoid sugar…but are there other, seemingly healthy foods that you should be avoiding, as well?
FOX News Radio’s Steve Rappoport reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
If you’re at risk for Type-II diabetes, you may want to cut down on the white rice. Harvard researchers say each large serving of white rice is linked to an 11% increased risk of developing the disease.
Compared with brown rice, white rice lacks many of the nutrients thought to protect against diabetes, like fiber and magnesium, but it’s still the most common type of rice eaten worldwide.
For more on this story, visit foxnewshealth.com.
Housecall for Health, I’m Steve Rappoport, FOX News Radio.