- FOX In The Fast Lane: NASCAR Heads To Las VegasPosted 2 hours ago
- FOX Country: Toby Keith Announces Tour Dates Via YouTube [VIDEO]Posted 4 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of March 7thPosted 5 hours ago
- FOX On Tech: Oscar ‘Selfie’ Takes Twitter To New HeightsPosted 1 day ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: ‘Duck Dynasty’ Company to Sponsor NASCAR RacePosted 4 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Week of January 31stPosted 1 month ago
- Housecall for Health: A Fit New YearPosted 2 months ago
- Barbecue Tips From A PitmasterPosted 8 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Food City 500 (Bristol)
NASCAR goes to “Thunder Valley”, the short track at Bristol Motor Speedway for this week’s race, the Food City 500. And Crew Chief Chad Knaus’ appeal – denied!
FOX News Radio’s Marghiee “Trackside” Teshineh has this week’s “FOX in the Fast Lane”:
It’s not just fans who look forward to Bristol, just ask Brad Keselowski…
(Keselowski) “Bristol is one of the tracks that I just circle every year on my calendar.”
And what makes it so special for Keselowski?
(Keselowski) “There are tracks that, you know, maybe have more prestige or pay bigger purses, but to me Bristol is, it’s the deal.”
But for Matt Kenseth, racing on Bristol’s half-mile track requires added focus because…
(Kenseth) “It’s one that’s always, always a challenge. You need to be ready for it. It’s a real fast track and things happen in a big hurry.”
And bad news for Jimmie Johnson’s Crew Chief Chad Knaus. Losing an appeal this week, challenging penalties received for failing the opening day inspection at the Daytona 500.
The punishment included a six race suspension for Knaus and Johnson’s car chief, a $100,000 fine for Knaus and Johnson losing 25 points.
Team owner Rick Hendrick says they will appeal again, this time to NASCAR’s Chief Appellate Officer.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Marghiee Teshineh, FOX News Radio.