- Baltimore Erupts Into Violence [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- Supreme Court To Hear Historic Arguments On Same Sex MarriagePosted 7 hours ago
- Tips To Get Your Kid Eating A Healthier DietPosted 8 hours ago
- AFMW: David Ensor, Head of the Voice of AmericaPosted 2 weeks ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: Watch Ryan Gosling Dancing As A Kid!Posted 2 months ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 4 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 4 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 5 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 6 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 8 months ago
Securing America: Ground Zero Security Plan Raises Concerns
The New York Police Department has big plans for security around the new World Trade Center. However many locals are not too pleased with the heightened security plans.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Security measures are being planned for the newly constructed World Trade Center, but many who live and work nearby are not happy.
(Menin) “We’re the only neighborhood that’s been attacked by twice by terrorists in the whole country, but at the same time we’ve got to make sure that the security, that there’s a balance.”
Community Board 1 Chairperson Julie Menin doesn’t want security measures that are too disrputive to local businesses and residents.
The New York Police Department says precautions are necessary to stop potential truck and car bombs.
The initial plan shows at least four lower Manhattan checkpoints where taxi , car and truck drivers will have to show ID and give a good reason for entering the area.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.