- Mitt Romney Will Not Run For President In 2016 [VIDEO]Posted 7 hours ago
- VIRAL VIDEOS: A New Level of ArcheryPosted 12 hours ago
- Do Super Bowl Commercials Need To Be Cleaned Up?Posted 13 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 1 month ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 1 month ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 2 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 5 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 7 months ago
Securing America: Ground Zero Security Plan Raises Concerns
The New York Police Department has big plans for security around the new World Trade Center. However many locals are not too pleased with the heightened security plans.
FOX News Radio’s Courtney Kealy reports:
Security measures are being planned for the newly constructed World Trade Center, but many who live and work nearby are not happy.
(Menin) “We’re the only neighborhood that’s been attacked by twice by terrorists in the whole country, but at the same time we’ve got to make sure that the security, that there’s a balance.”
Community Board 1 Chairperson Julie Menin doesn’t want security measures that are too disrputive to local businesses and residents.
The New York Police Department says precautions are necessary to stop potential truck and car bombs.
The initial plan shows at least four lower Manhattan checkpoints where taxi , car and truck drivers will have to show ID and give a good reason for entering the area.
In New York, Courtney Kealy, FOX News Radio.