- “The Interview” — Not Coming To A Theater Near YouPosted 11 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 13 hours ago
- Legal Lis: Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook MassacrePosted 14 hours ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 4 weeks ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 1 month ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 6 months ago
Man Suing Over High Cost of Movie Theater Popcorn
Sick of paying extremely high costs to enjoy some popcorn during the movies? One Michigan man is, and he is doing something about it.
FOX News Radio’s Bill Vitka reports:
The price of movie theater popcorn may be outrageously high, along with everything else at the concession stand.
So high that a Michigan man is filing a class-action suit to end what he says is price gouging.
Joshua Thompson heading to court because the local movie house in Livonia told him he cant bring his own soda and candy into the local AMC.
If he wins you can bet on copycat lawsuits, but there’s a wrinkle. Theater chains are likely to argue that high prices are in your best interest because it’s the high price of popcorn and candy that keeps the price of the movie ticket low.
Bill Vitka, FOX News Radio