- AFMW: Dr. Alveda King, American Civil Rights ActivistPosted 4 hours ago
- “Enough With The Media’s Gotcha Game”Posted 12 hours ago
- Brazilian Butt Lift Blamed For Woman’s DeathPosted 13 hours ago
- Jeb Bush To “Actively Explore The Possibility Of Running For President”Posted 2 months ago
- Insurance Industry Giving Affordable Care Act Customers More Time To Pay PremiumsPosted 2 months ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 3 months ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 3 months ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 6 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 8 months ago
FOX in the Fast Lane: Hamlin Gets His 1st Phoenix Win
There weren’t any rain delays or spectacular fuel fires, just a fuel-mileage finish under the desert sun at Phoenix, where Denny Hamlin took advantage to rid himself of some demons and get his first win at the track.
FOX News Radio’s Chris Hoenig recaps the Subway Fresh Fit 500:
Drivers set a record for the number of leaders at Phoenix, but the only leader that matters was one at the end…
(Play-by-Play) “For his 18th career win, Denny Hamlin delivers! Checkered flag at Phoenix!”
…Mike Joy called the race for FOX Sports. Hamlin lost the 2010 Sprint Cup Championship at Phoenix, and wasn’t expecting to drive out with this win.
(Hamlin) “If you had asked me at the beginning of the day, I said I would’ve took a top 15 finish. Just an amazing job by this FedEx Office team. We just kept working on it, and every time we worked on it, it got better.”
Hamlin gives credit to his new crew chief, Darian Grubb, who won last year’s title with Tony Stewart.
(Hamlin) “This is particularly not my type of racetrack, but he made me a winner today.”
Kevin Harvick made a race of it, setting himself up for a run until he ran out of gas with just two laps to go. He coasted over the finish line in second. Greg Biffle finished third, followed by Jimmie Johnson and Brad Keselowski.
FOX in the Fast Lane, I’m Chris Hoenig, FOX News Radio.