- Legal Lis: All Eyes on FergusonPosted 21 hours ago
- Black Friday Shopping SecretsPosted 22 hours ago
- AFMW: Actor Rob Riggle and Big Game Maker Kenny WhitePosted 24 hours ago
- Bullet Points: Marching for JusticePosted 2 days ago
- Ferguson Protests Continue To Grip The NationPosted 2 days ago
- Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: Parade Preview and Shopping PrepPosted 2 days ago
- Boehner Responds To President Obama’s Immigration Plan [VIDEO]Posted 7 days ago
- AFMW: Comedian Sebastian ManiscalcoPosted 2 weeks ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 months ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 5 months ago
Securing America: Americans Detained in Egypt
With relations between the U.S. and Egypt at a low point, a group of U.S. Senators are hoping to ease tensions in Cairo.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has more from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
Nineteen Americans and 27 others have been detained in Egypt for weeks, part of a crackdown on non-government organizations operating in the country. But Senator John McCain, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, says after meeting with Egypt’s military rulers, he has…
(McCain) “Guarded optimism that we will resolve this issue fairly soon.”
But McCain adds threats are counter-productive. Some U.S. lawmakers are calling to cut Egypt’s $1.5 billion aid package if the democracy workers aren’t freed.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.