- AEHQ: ISIS Bleeds Into The Mid-Term ElectionsPosted 3 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: New Teen Birth Control RecommendationPosted 4 hours ago
- Missing Arkansas Realtor Found Dead; Suspect SpeaksPosted 4 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 3 weeks ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Securing America: Americans Detained in Egypt
With relations between the U.S. and Egypt at a low point, a group of U.S. Senators are hoping to ease tensions in Cairo.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has more from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
Nineteen Americans and 27 others have been detained in Egypt for weeks, part of a crackdown on non-government organizations operating in the country. But Senator John McCain, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, says after meeting with Egypt’s military rulers, he has…
(McCain) “Guarded optimism that we will resolve this issue fairly soon.”
But McCain adds threats are counter-productive. Some U.S. lawmakers are calling to cut Egypt’s $1.5 billion aid package if the democracy workers aren’t freed.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.