- Hired! College Majors That Could Bring Big BucksPosted 14 mins ago
- AFMW: The Legendary Ray StevensPosted 43 mins ago
- White House Not Releasing Documents on ObamaCare Website Security [VIDEO]Posted 22 hours ago
- Housecall for Health: Focus On KidsPosted 1 day ago
- AFMW: Country Music’s Chase RicePosted 1 day ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 2 months ago
Securing America: Americans Detained in Egypt
With relations between the U.S. and Egypt at a low point, a group of U.S. Senators are hoping to ease tensions in Cairo.
FOX News Radio’s Jared Halpern has more from Washington in our ongoing series on national security:
Nineteen Americans and 27 others have been detained in Egypt for weeks, part of a crackdown on non-government organizations operating in the country. But Senator John McCain, the ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, says after meeting with Egypt’s military rulers, he has…
(McCain) “Guarded optimism that we will resolve this issue fairly soon.”
But McCain adds threats are counter-productive. Some U.S. lawmakers are calling to cut Egypt’s $1.5 billion aid package if the democracy workers aren’t freed.
In Washington, Jared Halpern, FOX News Radio.