- Joint Chiefs Chairman Won’t Rule Out U.S. Ground Troops Against ISISPosted 36 mins ago
- Housecall for Health: How Much Coffee Is Too Much?Posted 8 hours ago
- NFL Image Problem?Posted 8 hours ago
- FOX in the Fast Lane: Kicking Off The ChasePosted 4 days ago
- Obamacare Data Discrepancies Could Jeopardize CoveragePosted 3 months ago
Housecall for Health: Flu Effects on the Brain
Recovering from the flu might leave you with more than just aches and pains, it could affect your brain.
FOX’s Colleen Cappon reports in today’s “Housecall for Health”:
When a week of sore throat and body aches subside, most assume the worst of the flu is over, but according to new research from Harvard, viral infections like the flu may have lasting effects on the brain. Data showed influenza may leave brain cells vulnerable to degeneration later in life, increasing the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
Experts say it’s unlikely the flu will cause significant damage, but over a lifetime, injury to cells accumulate.
Housecall for Health, I’m Colleen Cappon, FOX News Radio.